Cinecast #80: Tarkovsky/Oscar Blunders
Friday, 24 February 2006 01:00
If only there  were iPods in the 15th century, I could listen to Cinecast #80.

Overlooked Auteurs/Oscar Blunders: For part two of the Overlooked Auteurs Marathon, Cinecast attempts to contribute something meaningful to the conversation about Russian master Andrei Tarkovsky. How did Adam and Sam fare? Well, the most insightful thing you'll probably hear is a quote from Ingmar Bergman. That being said, if their reverent discussion prompts even a few listeners to check out Tarkovsky's "Andrei Rublev" (1966) and "Solaris (1972), then their efforts will be rewarded.

Also on the show, Listener Feedback and our countdown of the Top 5 Oscar Blunders.

Music by Puerto Muerto and My Morning Jacket courtesy of Bloodshot Records ... Cinecast theme music by Age of the Rifle.

Cinecast is brought to you by Peerflix. Trade DVDs online at peerflix.com/cinecast.

Listen  to Cinecast #80

Cinecast #80
:19-23:16 - Overlooked Auteurs: "Andrei Rublev," "Solaris"
23:17-23:53 - Audio Feedback
Music: Puerto Muerto, "Josephine"
24:56-39:51 - Listener Feedback (Top 5 Road Movies)
Music: My Morning Jacket, "Behind That Locked Door"
41:05-51:11 - Top 5 Oscar Blunders

Have a comment or Top 5 list you'd like to share? Send an e-mail or short mp3 clip to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Or give us a call at 206-203-CINE and leave a voice message.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Listen To Filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting

Grab Filmspotting from iTunes