Filmspotting #154: The Host / Blades of Glory / The Lookout / Top 5 Career Reboots
Friday, 30 March 2007 01:00

March 30: Bong Joon-ho's "The Host" has been picking up critical accolades since its debut at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2006. Bong's satirical monster movie has finally come ashore here in the States, but Adam and Sam are approaching the film with caution -- encouraged by the praise, but a little skeptical that the movie will have more to offer than it's multi-tentacled, multi-million dollar CGI creature.

Also on the show: One-sided reviews of the new Will Ferrell/Jon Heder figure skating comedy "Blades of Glory" and "The Lookout," the new thriller from writer/director Scott Frank starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. [Due to scheduling conflicts, Adam and Sam had to flip a coin for these reviews ... listen to find out who lost.]

Plus, Listener Feedback, Massacre Theatre, and Filmspotting's Top 5 Career Reboots -- Adam and Sam stage an intervention for ten lucky actors.

Music by National Beekeepers Society.

Filmspotting is brought to you by Peerflix, a fun place to get movies for less.

Listen  to Filmspotting #154

Filmspotting #154
:19-12:59 - Review: "The Host"
Music: National Beekeepers Society, "Cricket in the Field"
14:09-25:16 - Reviews: "Blades of Glory" / "The Lookout"
Music: National Beekeepers Society, "Slackerevolution"
25:59-29:09 - Massacre Theatre (Winner: Tarik Abdel-Monem)
29:10-40:44 - Listener Feedback (Top 5 Friendship Movies, Battle Scenes)
Music: National Beekeepers Society, "Funeral Procession"
43:21-43:20 - New DVDs, Donations
43:21-49:59 - Corrections, Notes, Poll Questions
50:00-1:05:27 - Top 5: Career Reboots
1:05:28-1:07:01 - Close/Next Show

CORRECTIONS/NOTES
- Sam's Dope Sheet correction on "Reign Over Me" writer/director Mike Binder.
- Early downloaders may notice a glitch in the New DVDs segment. No idea what happened... there's no edit there.
- The classic 'single' line from "Annie Hall" is actually... "I forgot my mantra."

Have a comment or Top 5 list you'd like to share? Send an e-mail or short mp3 clip to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Or give us a call at 206-203-CINE and leave a voice message.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Listen To Filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting

Grab Filmspotting from iTunes