Cinecast #45: Dickens Straight Up, With A Twist
Wednesday, 12 October 2005 01:00
I don't need  more food. Adam and Sam give me all the sustenance I need in Cinecast  #45

Oliver Twist: Despite approaching the film with some trepidation that it would be an uninspired addition to the Roman Polanski flimography, Adam and Sam both found the director-in-exile's "Oliver Twist" to be as faithful and exciting an adaptation of the Dickens classic as you're likely to find. Though the action flags a bit when the story strays from its young protagonist, Polanski's film shows great respect for Dickens' imagination -- and is all the better for it. The film also features a great performance by Sir Ben Kingsley as the devilish Fagin, making this more than just a must-see for high school English teachers.

Also on the show, Listener Feedback, Massacre Theatre -- presented by Movies Passions.com -- and a look ahead to Friday's Top 5 Movies with a Child Protagonist.

Music by Martin Sexton courtesy of Kitchen Table Records ... Cinecast theme music by Age of the Rifle.

Listen  to Cinecast #45

Cinecast #45
:33-14:49 - Review: "Oliver Twist"
Music: Martin Sexton, "Freedom of the Road"
16:10-21:54 - Cinecast News & Notes
21:55-30:36 - Listener Feedback
Music: Martin Sexton, "Candy"
33:27-35:50 - Massacre Theatre
35:51-41:30 - Top 5 Preview: Movies with a Child Protagonist

Have a comment or Top 5 list you'd like to share? Send us an e-mail at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Or give us a call at 206-203-CINE and leave a voice message.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Listen To Filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting

Grab Filmspotting from iTunes