Cinecast #58: La Vie Austen
Friday, 02 December 2005 01:00
I've been  waiting my whole life to play Elizabeth Bennet ... and to hear what Adam  and Sam would say about me.

Pride and Prejudice: Only the most obsessive Jane Austen fanatic could have been clamoring for another adaptation of "Pride and Prejudice" (according to IMDb, there have been at least eight screen adaptations of Austen's novel). But there's a reason why writers, actors and directors keep returning to the story of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy. It's the ur-romantic comedy: the first and still one of the best. Adam and Sam agree that director Joe Wright's adaptation is well cast and nearly note-perfect -– Adam just wasn't as moved by the 'music' as Sam was.

And speaking of music ... Cinecast #58 is full of it. We take a quick look at Chris Columbus' new screen adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Broadway musical "Rent", and wade through a pile of Listener Feedback regarding our Top 5 Music Moments. Plus, Massacre Theatre, Adam's thoughts on "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" and our Top 5 Date Movies.

WARNING: This show contains a potentially lethal dose of Cinecrack. There's a reason we do two shows a week -- to avoid shows like this one that run well over an hour. Please forgive us.

Massacre Theatre presented by the Elemental-Gear podcast, bringing you insightful computing technology opinions, discussions and reviews.

Music by Bobby Bare Jr. courtesy of Bloodshot Records ... Cinecast theme music by Age of the Rifle.

Listen  to Cinecast #58

Cinecast #58
:41-12:12 - Review: "Pride and Prejudice"
12:13-22:50 - Review: "Rent"
Music: Bobby Bare Jr., "Valentine"
23:54-28:34 - Quick Review (Adam): "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"
28:35-34:29 - Cinecast Notes
34:30-44:18 - Listener Feedback (Stuck in the Middle w/ Sweet Caroline)
Music: Bobby Bare Jr., "Don't Follow Me (I'm Lost)"
45:19-49:37 - "Suspiria" Feedback
49:38-53:31 - Horror Marathon: John Carpenter's "Halloween"
53:32-58:01 - Massacre Theatre
58:02-1:10:45 - Top 5 Date Movies

Have a comment or Top 5 list you'd like to share? Send us an e-mail at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Or give us a call at 206-203-CINE and leave a voice message.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Listen To Filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting

Grab Filmspotting from iTunes